Sunday, February 20, 2011

New projects: Organization

Our house is pretty organized in some areas; then there are those other areas that need a little help.

Our closet is one. We both have so many clothes that we don't wear. I know there are people out there that could really appreciate a few pairs of pants and sweaters. A good friend of mine came over a few weeks back and helped me clear things out, and get rid of the clothes and shoes that I've held on to since high school. Yes, you read that correctly... high school! 3 trash bags full of clothes and shoes are now in the hands of those who are in real need of them. Its awesome when I walk in our closet now, I'm able to find things so much easier. Scarves (which I have a TON of), nail polish, shoes, sweaters, hats & belts... everything has its place now.

I didn't get a before photo of the closet, but here's what our bathroom looked like while we were in the process of organizing:


Here's the "after" photo:

Next on my list is our home office. I'm really excited about this project! It's located just upstairs in the loft area. There's a built-in desk, which eventually (years down the road) I'd like to rip out and replace with a pretty work area. But for now, I will do my best to make it look fun, organized and appealing to the eye. I've been looking at purchasing this. They are actually all separate pieces, but I want to accomplish a similar look. I will add a few shelves and some nice paintings to bring some color in, and voila! Our new home office! We will be working on the filing system in the weeks to come, and hopefully start to put things up on the wall soon after. I can't wait to see it all finished; but for now, I will leave you with a "before" photo:



Lastly is our garage. We're forced to purchase our own shelving and cabinest, since the sellers of our home ripped out the ones that were orginally there. It's been a year a half, and still not done. I'm eager to stack our holiday decorations on shelves in the garage, rather than having them take up space in our guest rooms. Hopefully this Spring we can start in here, before it gets too hot. I see boxes & tubs on shelves, paint cans, tools & gardening items in cabinets and out of site. I have a vision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment