Thursday, January 6, 2011

HELLO!

It's a new year and time for new things! I've decided to start this blog as a way to document my life and share my stories and photos. I'm still learning my way around this site and how things work, so forgive me if I mess up on posting photos, links or other fun things we're able to do on here. I'm really excited to start this and to receive comments from ya'll.

The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie of all time. I have quite a large collection of everything from books, plates, dixie cups, music boxes, posters & paintings to dolls, videos, ornaments and more. I have my mother to thank for this. She, too, has a special place in her heart for The Wizard of Oz. She decorated my nursery in everything Oz and rainbows, and even wore a 1970's t-shirt with a rainbow on it during a lot of her pregnancy with me; I was destined to be an Oz fan. Here's a photo of one of my newest Oz ornaments:



There truly is no place like home. "Home" is where I:

feel safe and warm
am creative
can be cozy
can be lazy
love to cook
curl up to read a book



Just this past November, I married the man of my dreams. The wedding was held at The Dana Powers House in Nipomo, CA. We had the ceremony out near the orchards, and the reception inside the barn. I love everything vintage, rustic, and country... this place has it all! I'll share more about the wedding in a later post. Many fun photos to share. But for now, I'll leave you with a photo of me and Mike seeing each other for the first time that day.



3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your blog. I love the ornament. Looking forward to seeing your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love it Angie! That photo of you and Mike makes my heart melt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that picutre of you and your husband- i saw it on alexa's blog or your facebook? anyway, its a great picture.

    wizard of oz- thats a movie i need to rent for jessica!

    fun blog, i look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete