Tuesday, January 11, 2011

End of the year recap

Well, Christmas is over and its a brand new year! We were busy this past weekend putting all of our decorations away, and we finally took our poor dried tree out to the curb. I took advantage of the quiet weekend to clean, unclutter, and reorganize the house. Spring cleaning done a little early! Before we move further into the new year, I'd like to share a little bit of our holiday season:

Mike and I had breakfast with Dad and Linda on Christmas Eve. We went to Egg Plantation in Newhall... very yummy! It had been a few years since I'd spent Christmas with my dad, so I enjoyed having that time with him.



Christmas Eve night was spent at Mom & Bob's house. We had about 30 people over for dinner. Lots of food, family, and fun! I love going "Home" for the holidays. Mom's house is always so cozy and welcoming. Here's a photo I took that shows a little family history:
The mirror belonged to Bob's grandmother; the ceramic lit Christmas tree was made by my grandmother Teresa Trotta; the glass basket was used for the favors at my grandmother & grandfather Trotta's wedding in 1938, and the buffet belonged to my great grandmother Angelina. My mom had it, along with the dining room table and chairs, shipped from Dearborn, Michigan to California.



Mike and I woke up Christmas day and opened our gifts together. Mom and Bob came over for breakfast. Then we all headed to Bobby & Betty's for a while, before Mike and I went to his aunt and uncle's house for Christmas number 4!

Mom & I cooking breakfast

Family trip to Disneyland for Mom & Bob


New Years weekend was spent in Kernville. A place to:

curl up by the fire
play games
eat lots of comfort food
throw rocks into the creek
sip hot chocolate and take in the gorgeous views and fresh air
celebrate a 12th birthday
snowboard & ski
admire the snow
be with family and friends




Jordan's 12th Birthday!




Mike and I came home to SNOW!! It was amazing!



For the new year, I bought a bunch of yellow and white daisies to put around the house. A friend of mine told me yellow is for "Luck" and white is for "Pure & Clean". I chose to use Daisies because they're always happy and make me smile. I just love how they bring sunshine into any room!


1 comment:

  1. Love the daisies! And love that you chose white and yellow for my birthday bouquet! Thank you Pea! :)

    ReplyDelete